The DuPage County Marines Scholarship Fund is established to grant college or vocational school scholarships to qualified applicants.
WHO IS QUALIFIED TO APPLY:
Priority will be given to applicants in the order listed below. Example: League members and family will be given first priority.
- Members and family members, children and grandchildren of members of the DuPage County Marine Corps League in good standing or the surviving spouse and/or children of a deceased member.
- Family members (residing in DuPage County) of Marines who lost their lives in the line of duty.
- Children and grandchildren of Marines who reside in DuPage County.
WHAT ARE THE REQUIREMENTS:
- Applicants must complete the entire Scholarship Application Form and return it by the due date indicated on the form.
- A transcript of the applicant’s grades and class standing must be attached. If the applicant is presently enrolled in a college/university/vocational school, these grades should be included. The GPA must be 3.0 (B) or greater. Photocopies must bear an original signature of the proper school authority.
- A letter from the applicant introducing him or her and indicating their reason for applying must be attached.
- Proof of acceptance and enrollment into an accredited institution of higher learning must be attached.
- In order for the application to be considered, all necessary paperwork must be postmarked by June 30 of the current year. Any request for an extension of the due date must be submitted in writing to the scholarship committee for consideration.
ALL DOCUMENTATION MUST BE ASSEMBLED AND SUBMITTED BY THE APPLICANT POSTMARKED NO LATER THAN JUNE 30TH OF THE CURRENT YEAR AND MAILED TO:
733 Singer Avenue
Lemont, IL 60439
- Notification of selection for the scholarship will be mailed to the appli-cant along with a request for information to process the scholarship to your school. Please complete the form and return it as directed.
- The payment check will be made out jointly to the recipient (student) and the learning institution, and mailed directly to the school. When the recipient (student) endorses the check, the institution will then en-dorse the check and credit the amount of the check to the recipient’s (student’s) account. The scholarship will be applied to the recipient’s (student’s) tuition and/or books. No cash or check is to be paid direct-ly to the recipient (student) either by the detachment or the institution at which the recipient (student) is enrolled.